Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding outfit:
Button Man: Successfully complete the Badge Pursuit Challenge by collecting all 20 hidden shields. This suit gives all weapons extra ammunition.
Chicago Lightning: Sign up for the Rockstar Social Club. This suit increases your accuracy with shotguns and machine guns.
Golden Boy: Start the Traffic Desk.
Hawkshaw: Reach Rank 18. This costume allows you to take more damage.
Sunset Strip: Reach Rank 8.
Sword Of Justice: Reach Rank 4.
The Broderick: This suit increases melee damage and your resistance to damage.
The Outsider: Reach Rank 13.
The Sharpshooter: This suit increases your accuracy with pistols and rifles.
Search the indicated locations to find the Gold Film Reels. There are 12 Gold Film Reels in the Hollywood area, 12 Gold Film Reels in the Wilshire area, 10 Gold Film Reels in the west side of the Central area, and 16 Gold Film Reels in the east side of the Central area.
1. The Big Sleep: Go to Hollywood Blvd. At the far west end of the road, you should see an intersection and a trolley tack. The track loops around a water tower. Underneath the tower you will find The Big Sleep Golden Film Reel.
2. Nightmare Alley: Go to the intersection of Ivar Ave and Franklin Ave. Locate the shopping center with a row of green trees in front of its parking lot. To the left of the store, you should see a large billboard for Capt'n Saltee potato chips. Underneath this billboard are a few dumpsters, and to the right of the dumpster is the Nightmare Alley Golden Film Reel.
3. Brute Force: Go to Schrader Blvd, which is a small road in the middle of the Hollywood division. There are a few small roads that branch off Schrader Blvd. One of those roads is a dead end; follow that road to the end. You will find the see the Brute Force Golden Film Reel on the sidewalk in front of a football field.
4. The Letter: Go to Selma Ave, just east of Las Palmas Ave. There will be a row of homes with a red brick ground. Walk up the stairs of the first home on the left. Around the corner you will find The Letter Golden Film Reel.
5. Gilda: Go to the intersection of De Longpre Ave and Cahuenga Blvd. At the corner is a gas station. Behind the gas station, between the two palm trees, you will see some dumpsters. On the ground near the dumpsters is the Gilda Golden Film Reel.
6. Where The Sidewalk Ends: Go to Sunset Ave, in between El Centro Ave and Argyle Ave. There is a movie theater that is playing "The Big Sheep" and "The Lady From Shanghai". Under the awning and behind the ticket booth is the Where The Sidewalk Ends Golden Film Reel on the floor.
7. In A Lonely Place: Go to the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and El Centro Ave. Go to the mini golf course. In the middle of the course, on the eighth tee, shaped like a circle, you will find the In A Lonely Place Golden Film Reel.
8. Sunset Boulevard: Go to the far west end of Melrose Ave. About a half a block from the end of the road is a small courtyard in-between two buildings. In front of the tree and on the ground is the Sunset Boulevard Golden Film Reel.
9. The Women In The Window: Go to the corner of Wilton Place and Lemongrove. On the southern side is a row of homes. Go to the backyard in-between the second and third building. There is a tree and picnic table, and The Women In The Window Golden Film Reel is on the picnic table.
10. The Spiral Staircase: Go to the corner of Santa Monica Ave and Wilton Place. On the north-east side of the the road is a small park with a playground, field, etc. Under the tree near the bird-bath is The Spiral Staircase Golden Film Reel.
11. Odd Man Out: Go to the southern area of St. Andrews Place, near the corner of St. Andrews Place and Sunset Blvd. One unnamed road goes through a small development of approximately a dozens homes. Find this road, go down it, and locate the dark blue house. Behind this house and on the floor of the backdoor is the Odd Man Out Golden Film Reel.
12. The Night Of The Hunter: Go to the north-west end of Fountain Ave. Locate the Hillside Motel. At the end of the parking lot is a swimming pool. On the ground at the far end of the poolside is The Night Of The Hunter Golden Film Reel.
13. The Narrow Margin: Go to the unnamed crossroads in-between Lemongrove Ave, Santa Monica Blvd, Hobart Blvd, and Ardmore Ave. On the northwest side of the intersection, you will see a large tan colored house with red shingles. Behind this house is a pool and fountain. Under the fountain is The Narrow Margin Golden Film Reel.
14. White Heat: Go to the middle of the road on Mariposa Ave. Imagine that Lemongrove Ave kept going east. It line's up almost exactly as to where you must stop in the middle of the road on Mariposa Ave. Once there, you will see a few apartment buildings. Find the apartment that has dark green paint on the bottom half and light green paint on the top, with dark green paint on the roof as well. Go around this apartment, and walk up the stairs in the back. The White Heat Golden Film Reel is sitting on the ground on the second floor balcony.
15. Thieves' Highway: Go to Rosewood Ave, in-between Harvard Ave and Kingsly Dr. You should be right next to a gas station and drive-in restaurant. Walk inside the restaurant to find the Thieves' Highway Golden Film Reel on the counter in the middle.
16. Crossfire: Go to the corner of Melrose Ave and Heliotrobe Dr. You should see a billboard with Cola King on it. Behind that billboard is a warehouse and parking lot with a lot of trailers. In front of the first trailer, on the ground, is the Crossfire Golden Film Reel.
17. M: Go to the corner of Berendo St and Rosewood Ave. Locate the tall three story yellow brick house. Next to that is a two story green house with an orange roof. Next to the green house is a small white house. In-between the green house and white house is a seesaw in the yard. The M Golden Film Reel is next to the seesaw.
18. The Killers: Go to 1st St, right in-between the "W" and "I" in the word "WILSHIRE" on the map. On the north side of the road they are doing construction all over the land. Go inside the building on the southeast side of the property. Inside the building that is still under construction, you will see The Killers Golden Film Reel. Note: There are many buildings that look similar, so it is easy to get lost and confused. Just make sure you go to the building that is right next to 1st St and on the southeast side of the whole property.
19. The Set-Up: Go to the intersection of 6th St and Berendo St. On the northeast side of the intersection are two red houses and a blue house in the middle. Go behind the blue house to find The Set-Up Golden Film Reel on the ground next to the backdoor.
20. The Lady From Shanghai: Go to where Council St meets 1st St. Once there, you should see a baseball field. The Lady from Shanghai Golden Film Reel is sitting on top of the pitcher's mound.
21. Laura: Go to the unnamed road underneath the second "I" in the word "WILSHIRE" on the map. There is a park at this location. It is in-between the park and unnamed road near 2nd St. 2nd St starts on the west/left of the park, and stops where the park appears, and comes back on the east/right side of the park. Inside the park is a playground. Past the playground are a few picnic tables. Right next to a tree, on a picnic table, is the Laura Golden Film Reel.
22. The Third Man: Go to the street right above the "E" in the word "WILSHIRE" on the map. This road is connected to Beverly Blvd. Go to the northeast side of it, the tip, where it becomes a loopy road. Look for the large red bricked three to four story building. Behind that, there are no "real" roads, as it is the outskirts of the city. Go behind the building, and look for a dirt path. Follow the dirt path up the hill and onto an overlook. In-between two benches on the hill you will see a tree. Under the tree is The Third Man Golden Film Reel.
23. The Killing: Go to the corner of 6th St and Hoover St. Look for the huge church. You can enter through the gate at a few spots, but you need to go to the southwest entrance. Just left of the front doors is a small bush. The Killing Golden Film Reel is on the ground in front of the bush.
24. Shadow Of A Doubt: There are two entrances to the airport, where you will find this Golden Film Reel. The easiest one to find is at the end of Coronando St. Go to the north-most area of the road. You will see an unmarked road that turns into the airport of the west/left. Go to that road, driving is recommended because it is a long walk. Go past the first parking lot and set of hangers. Keep going until you see two red airplanes. In-between the two red airplanes is a small hanger. Inside the small hanger, right in front of the airplane, is the Shadow Of A Doubt Golden Film Reel.
25. Night And The City: Go to the corner of Wilshire Blvd and Alvarado St, right next to the bridge in MacArthur Park. Go down into the water, and wade all the way through to a gazebo in the middle of the pond/lake to find the Night And The City Golden Film Reel on the floor of the gazebo.
26. The Big Clock: Go to Grand View St right next to the unnamed zigzag street. Then, drive through the unnamed zigzag street all the way to the top, where you will find a white house with vines around it. The Big Clock Golden Film Reel is on the front step.
27. Murder, My Sweet: Go to the corner of Burlington Ave and 9th St. Go down the alley towards Beacon St to the northeast. Once you reach the courtyard area, go down the steps to find a underground parking lot. Right next to the tree in the middle of the parking lot is the Murder My Sweet Golden Film Reel.
28. The Naked City: Go to the corner of Beverly Blvd and Bonnie Brae St. On the southwest side of the intersection you can see a small corner store. The next house down is a blue and white house with a wrap-around porch. Go on the porch, and follow it to the right side of the house to find The Naked City Golden Film Reel on the porch.
29. Sweet Smell Of Success: Go to the corner of Union and 3rd St. There is a whole block of unnamed roads at this corner. Go to the northwest corner of this block to see a large gaping hole in the ground that is under construction. On the other side of the hole is some equipment and the Sweet Smell Of Success Golden Film Reel on the ground in front of it.
30. Rififi: Go to the unnamed block at the corner of Union and 6th St. On the middle of the east sidewalk is a sky blue house with white on it. The Rififi Golden Film Reel is on the front porch.
31. This Gun For Hire: Go to the bridge that connects Beverly Blvd, Glendale Blvd, 1st St., 2nd St., and Lucas Ave at the northwest side of Central. On the north side of the bridge is some construction. Go down to it, and find the metal pipes that are constructed as a small structure. Walk into the structure to find the This Gun For Hire Golden Film Reel.
32. Mildred Pierce: This Golden Film Reel is under the ground on the train track. There are two entrances; the easiest one is at the corner of Lucas Ave and Beverly Blvd. Drive your car into the tunnel on the train tracks for approximately 30 seconds. There will be a small turn off area directly into the wall. Go into this area, which is about halfway through the whole tunnel, to find the Mildred Pierce Golden Film Reel on the floor.
33. The Big Carnival: Go to the corner of 9th St and Figueroa St. Walk pass the dress shop and through the small parking lot towards a two story white and grey house. The Big Carnival Golden Film Reel is on the front doorstep of the house, which is next to a pink building and a three story green building.
34. Out Of The Past: Go the farthest north possible on Hill St. There should be an open trolley station. Inside the station, in the middle of the back room, is the Out Of The Past Golden Film Reel.
35. Key Largo: Go directly above the letter "T" in the word "Central" on the map. Go as far north as possible, and you should see a road that looks like a question mark. Drive all the way up that road, and you will see a farm/ranch. The Key Largo Golden Film Reel is on the porch of the shack, on the left hand side.
36. Leave Her To Heaven: Go directly above the letters "R" and "A" in the word "Central" on the map. Directly to the right of the question mark road that was used to get the Key Largo Golden Film Reel, you should see a roundish intersection with no name. You are at the right spot if you see an old pool with a building. The water is brown and has garbage in it. Go to the right side of the building, around the fence, to find the Leave Her To Heaven Golden Film Reel on the ground in-between some bushes.
37. The Maltese Falcon: Go to Grand Ave, right on top of the area that says "AVE" on the map. You should appear next to a tall brown building with metal poles on the roof that look like they once held a billboard. Behind that building, in the dusty backyard, is The Maltese Falcon Golden Film Reel, next to a stack of bricks and a structure made of wood.
38. The Big Heat: Go to the corner of Hill St and 3rd St. On the west side of the intersection is the "Angels Flight" landmark. It is a train track that rides on a very steep hill. Go to the top of the hill, and you will see a small train ticket building. In the back, by the guard rail, is The Big Heat Golden Film Reel.
39. Touch Of Evil: Go to the corner of 6th St and Broadway. On the southwest side of the street you can see the big theater. Get behind it by walking on the sidewalk on 6th St and turn back, to the left, on the first available alleyway. You should see a stairway. To the right of the steps is a golden pole. Climb the pole up to the roof, then go up the two sets of ladders. Once you are on the roof, go to the front of the theater to find the Touch Of Evil Golden Film Reel.
40. The Asphalt Jungle: Go to the corner of Los Angeles St and 6th St. On the southeast side of the intersection, you should see a train station. Walk up to the train station, and at the southeast end of the tracks, where two tracks meet each other, is The Asphalt Jungle Golden Film Reel.
41. Angles With Dirty Faces: Go to the intersection of 2nd St and Spring St. On the northwest side, you will see a building under construction. Go to the sidewalk, and look for the ladder. Climb the ladder, and walk on the catwalks to a small shack. Inside the shack on a wire-spool is the Angles With Dirty Faces Golden Film Reel.
42. Strangers Of A Train: Go to the intersection of Main St and 2nd St. On southeast side of the intersection, you should see a parking lot with a ticket booth next to it. Follow the skinny path near the ticket booth until you reach the stairs. Do not go down the stairs; instead, turn to the left to find the Strangers Of A Train Golden Film Reel on the ground.
43. Pickup On South Street: Go to Alameda St in front of the landmark. Make sure you go in front of it on the street and not on top of it, as that is further away. Go inside the building and go straight, but follow the right wall. On the right is a gift shop with the Pickup On South Street Golden Film Reel on the counter.
44. House Of Bamboo: Go to the corner of 1st St and Alameda St. Follow Alameda St south. On the left is a metal fence. At one point there is a "Do Not Enter" sign; break through the metal gateway. You should then be inside of a warehouse. Go up the stairs to the catwalk. On the right, under a big pipe, is the House Of Bamboo Golden Film Reel.
45. Scarlet Street: Go to the corner of Palmetto and Alameda St. Follow Palmetto St east until you get to the first alleyway on the right. Go down that alleyway, and you should see a set of dumpsters next to a yellow metal guardrail. The Scarlet Street Golden Film Reel is on the ground.
46. Detour: Go to the intersection where Lawrence St meets Bay St. Right where the two roads meet, you should see an small train station. Go towards it, and you will see train cars. In-between the two train cars is the Detour Golden Film Reel.
47. Gun Crazy: Go to the east-most side of 1st St. Go to where the street meets the first and only 4-way intersection across the Los Angeles River. Once there, you should see a gas station. Behind the gas station is a water-tower, and a trolley track that runs right around it. On the ground, under the water tower, is the Gun Crazy Golden Film Reel.
48. Body And Soul: Go to the intersection of 7th St and Santa Fe Ave, right before the bridge across the Los Angeles River. On the southeast side of the intersection is a parking lot. Go to that parking lot, and follow that path all the way to a door underneath the bridge. Go in that door, up the stairs, and into a big room filled with homeless people. On the right wall, looking over into the river, is the Body And Soul Golden Film Reel.
49. Double Indemnity: Go as far east/left as possible on 7th St. Go to the unnamed road that boarders the map of the game. Follow that unnamed road south until you can turn on to a military base. Turn in there, break through the gates, and turn at the very first building on the left. Go behind that building, and locate the sidewalk. Walk on that sidewalk until you reach a firing range on the left. On one of the tables is the Double Indemnity Golden Film Reel.
50. Notorious: Go as far east/left as possible on Olympic Blvd. Go to the intersection where Olympic Blvd meets the unnamed road that borders the east end of the map of the game. Drive south on the unnamed road until you can turn left down a dirt path. You should see a big open warehouse. Go inside the warehouse by going through the large open doors on either side of the building. Locate the small office building inside the warehouse. On the ground in the office is the Notorious Golden Film Reel.
Search the indicated locations to find all 30 Landmarks:
Search the indicated locations to find all 13 Newspapers:
Search the indicated locations to find all 95 vehicles, including the hidden cars:
Cadillac Series 75 Town Car: This car is found in the garage of the Alaco Station in Hollywood. The garage is located on the corner of Bronson Avenue and Fountain Avenue.
Chrysler Woody: This car is found in a residential garage at the end of a long alley located to the west of 7th Vermont Avenue and Wilshire. The door is located on the side of the garage facing the house.
Cisillia Coupe: This car is found in the Wilshire division. It is hidden behind the Angel City Security Garage door of Alaco Station. This is located on the corner of Vermont Avenue and Melrose Avenue. You will need to use the unlocked door next to the garage door. Enter the building to find the car. You can also find this car during "The Studio Secretary Murder" case when you start chasing James Tiernan.
Cord 810: This car is found in an old two story building on Mateo Street. It is located at the bottom of the angled driveway. Enter the garage through the door. You can also get this car during the "Hotel Bandits" case.
Davis Deluxe: This car is found in a residential garage on the border of Hollywood and Wilshire. This is located near Melrose Avenue, Wilton Place, and Western Avenue. You will need to use the side door with the golden handle to find the car.
Delage D8 120: This car is found in an "L" shaped alley between Beacon Ave and Union Ave. These streets are located southwest of Central. The car is in a garage hidden behind Meisner's Hardware Shop in the alley.
Delage D8 120 S Poutout Aero-Co: This car is found in a grey and white residential garage in East Hollywood on the corner of Normandie Ave and Lemongrove Ave.
Delahayve 135MS Cabriolet: This car is found in Hollywood across from a shopping area in a double garage that has the Angel City Security logo on it.
Duesenberg Walker Coupe: This car is found in a garage behind the Automobile Club on the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and El Centro Ave in Hollywood.
Ford H Boy: This car is found inside the Alaco Station on the corner of Beverly Blvd and Kingsley Drive in Wilshire.
Phantom Corsair: This car is found inside the Alaco Station on the corner of 3rd St and Traction Ave in Central.
Stout Scarab: This car is found in the garage of a five story rectangle building between 4th and 5th St and Whittler Blvd. It has an Angel City Security Garage located to the east of the LA River.
Tablot GS26: This car is found inside the Alaco Station on the corner of 6th St and Bixel St in Central.
Tucker Torpedo: This car is found in a small brick garage between two buildings in Wilshire on the north corner of Oakwood Ave and Western. You will need to access this garage through the back parking lot ton be able to get to the door.
Voisin C7: This car is found inside the Alaco Station on the corner of La Brea and Sunset Blvd in Hollywood. This car can also be found in the Hall Of Records parking area when you are investigating "The Quarter Moon Murders".
Search the indicated locations to find all 20 hidden shields and complete the Badge Pursuit Challenge to get the Button Man outfit:
During many interviews, you can get up and walk out of a house or building to cause the game to auto save. Then, return to the interview and begin it. If you make bad choices, simply go back to Switch home screen or reset the game. Reload your game, and you should start from the auto save before the interview. Repeat this as many times as desired.Easy chase scenes
When chasing a suspect on foot or in a vehicle, hold B to keep an eye on them. This makes chase scenes much easier.
When you get near a suspect on foot, press A repeatedly to tackle them.
In a car chase, pull up alongside a driver to have your partner fire at him. If he shoots a tire, the car will slow down, emitting sparks from one wheel. A quicker way to take out a driver is to slam into a rear wheel, spinning the car out of control. You can also t-bone a suspect at an intersection to take them out.Ignoring certain clues
Do not waste time on things like cigarette butts, liquor bottles, and other similar items, as they are solely meant to throw you off as you investigate a crime scene. Usually a bit of dialogue will tell you that the object you have picked up is not related to the case.Avoiding criticism while driving
If you are tired of listening to your partner criticize your driving, simply leave him behind by not giving him a chance to get in the car as you drive away. He will then appear when you arrive at the destination.Red Dead Redemption reference
In the "Silk Stock Murder" case, after you investigate the long blood trail leading onto the roof, examine the body and find all the clues to be returned to your car. Instead of leaving, turn around and investigate the alley behind you to find a trash can with a cowboy hat in it. This is John Marston's hat from Red Dead Redemption.